Welcome to the February Pals Blog Hop. This month we are sharing what we love - our favorite Stampin' Up! products and our favorite crafting techniques.
You may just be starting the blog hop or may have come from Rae Harper at WildWestPaperArts.com. Use the full lineup below to move along from blog to blog so you see all of the new projects.
What does my messiness have to do with Love? There are points in my life I just have to get messy to get the creative juices flowing. And my technique and card was that kind of day.
I really wanted to try my hand at a different fold and cut for our blog hop today. I found a card on Pinterest that I used for the inspiration. I would love to give the nice crafter credit, but her blog page is no longer available. And I must tell you I went thru almost the entire package of early espresso cardstock. I kept making the wrong cut or the wrong direction. I was beginning to lose it, so off I went to make a drink.
Upon my return what do I find? My sweet hubby helping me to understand spatial logic. You would think that I would have no problem using the magnificent SU paper trimmer. Well this card turned out to be my nemsis of the day.
Here is the picture of my husband's card. With the direction of the angle of the paper going in the right direction. What I love about this card, it's the right amount of fussy to give you that WOW! affect we paper crafters long for in our projects.
And here is the picture of my card. YOU guessed it, I never could wrap my head around that angle. I decided to just go with it. That perfect mistake that turns into uh-huh I did that - yep that's my work! Take that you paper trimmer with my cut finger and all :).
This is a perfect example of using a design with many options, one as a thank you and the other for moment in life you want someone to know they are special and you're thinking of them. And might I also add with the winter blahs, these flowers from NAME THAT FLOWER SET HERE, and the matching thin lits are so versatile and really must have for your collection.
The next hop stop is my sweet Pal Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose on the Pals Blog Hop!
Thank you for stopping by today. Remember I love hearing from you! You can follow me on the RSS feed, leave a comment with either Facebook or Discus. Heck even e-mail me!
Paper: Sweet Sorbet DSP, Early Espresso, Pool Party & Whisper White
Ink: Soft Sky
Stamps & Thinlits: Petite Petals (including punch), Flower Patch Stampset & Thinlits, Million & One & Sassy Salutations
Accessories: Candy Dots
Happy Stampin' & Happy Cookin'!
- Wendy Klein at Doggone Delightful Stampin'
- Jackie Diediker at Stampin' Jackie
- Natalie Bradley at Natalie Bradley Events
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Sue Becker at RnR Stamping
- Amy Hoptay at Inking of you
- Beth Beard at My little craft blog
- Susan Lankford at Stamp and Create With Susan
- Susan Itell at Simple Stampin
- Rae Harper at WildWestPaperArts.com
- September Gray at www.septembergray.com
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- Becky Volpp at inkblossomwithbecky.com
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Sherrie Gross at Stampin' Sunshine
- Brian King at Stamp with Brian
- Martie Pollard at The Crafty Bandit
- Maggie Mata at Maggie Made Cards
- Lynn Kolcun at Avery's Owlery
- Kalyn Shubnell at The Stamping Chronicles
- Dawn Tidd at Tiddbits from Dawn
- Amy Whelan at Amy's Inklings
- Karen Hallam at Karen's Blog
- Michelle Gleeson at StampinMojo
- Shannon K Jaramillo at Shannon Kay Paperie
- Peggy Noe at prettypapercards.com
- Candy Ford at Stamp Candy
- Jane Knudsen at see jane stamp
- Nicole Watt at Pixel Maven's Retreat
- Mary Fish at Stampin' Pretty
- Angela Curry at Kindred Stampers